P. 07 4772 7672
- Bachelor of Laws (First Class Honours) – LLB (Hons)
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice
- Admitted as a Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland
- Admitted as a Solicitor of the High Court of Australia
- Collaboratively Trained
Memberships / Affiliations
- Townsville Community Legal Service
- Management Committee Member (Secretary)
- Volunteer Solicitor – Family Law Advice Evenings
- Queensland Law Society
- Townsville District Law Association
- North Queensland Law Association
- North Queensland Women’s Legal Service – Volunteer Solicitor – Family Law Advice Evenings
- Family Law Practitioners Association
Courtney completed a Bachelor of Laws at James Cook University, graduating with First Class Honours. After completing her Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice through the College of Law, Courtney was admitted to the Legal Profession.
Courtney then moved back to her hometown of Mackay and completed a Graduate Program at a Mackay firm, prior to relocating back to Townsville. Her passion is Family Law and the vast majority of her practise and experience has been in this area. After working at a local Townsville firm for some time, Courtney then joined Ruhl Family Law Centre upon its establishment.
Top 5 reasons why Courtney loves Family Law
- Assisting clients through what may well be the most difficult period of their lives and making the transition to their New Beginning as smooth as possible;
- These issues matter. Children, families, homes. To play a vital role in securing their future is such an important role;
- The ability to build a rapport with clients, by regularly meeting and communicating with them to step them through every stage of the process;
- The diversity. Each family is so unique and every matter is different; and
- The relief and happiness when people are able to know they have proper care arrangements in place for their children, or have properly protected their assets, to enable them to move forward.
When out of the office (if ever), Courtney has a passion for travelling and embracing all different cultures and walks of life. From Myanmar to Laos to France to China. You name it, it’s on her list!